Wednesday, March 23, 2011

TESTIFY BOLDLY!!!

So, before I share my aspirations, I wanted to share a "fun" little tidbit I gleaned today.  Just a few years before Christ died, the people in the promised land were getting really wicked...again.  They'd let the robbers reign and were falling to the enticings of Satan.  We read in 3 Nephi 7:8 that "the more part of the people had turned from their righteousness, like the dog to his vomit, or like the sow to her wallowing in the mire."  That sounds kind of wierd, right?  So, I cross-referenced and this is what I found to be more clear:  "the dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire."  (2 Peter 2:22)  So, the pig getting dirty is not so disturbing.  However, the dog eating his vomit again?  That's GROSS!!!  But right there, sinning people are compared to that dog.  When we turn back from what we know to be true, and sin, (like most of us do, because we're human) it's like we are dogs, eating that sinful vomit that we barfed up when we repented the last time.  Isn't that a lovely visual?  Makes me want to never sin again, so I don't have to eat my old vomit!!  But it's true... we will continue to jump right back into the mud after our bath until we've grown enough and learned better enough that Christ remains number 1 priority in our lives!!  So, let's make that priority happen quick, and stick with it!
And now for the good stuff...
Have I mentioned that Nephi is my hero?  He's just so inspiring!  His faith amazes me!  I read that as all of those people were becoming more and more wicked again, Nephi went about ministering "with power and great authority."  (Even though he was in grave danger of being stoned to death like his brother!)  Nephi had such great power given him, because of his faith, that the people were really angry with him.  Why?  Because they couldn't disbelieve his words!  They knew he spoke the truth about Christ because the spirit that was with Nephi bore witness to those people whether they wanted him to or not.  SO COOL!!!  I want to testify like that: live so the spirit can be with me always, and have such faith that when I bear testimony of my Savior, people have no choice but to believe!  Hmmm...that sure is a good way to share my joy!!
DOESN'T THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST JUST MAKE YOU SO EXCITED TO BE ALIVE AND A PART OF IT!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment