Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Seek out the prophet!!

So, I was reading at the end of Helaman today, about how the Nephites responded to Samuel's preaching and prophesying.  Some of them tried to shoot him down.  But the others who had softer hearts, and believed his words, "went forth and sought for Nephi."  (Hel. 16:1)
If we believe God's word and have a testimony, shouldn't we be doing the same?  We need to seek our prophet!  We need to study and follow his counsels, since, after all, they come straight from God, meaning they are more of His words!  We need to read current counsel, such as the monthly Ensign and other church magazines, the latest conference talks, and make sure we read and are familiar with our scriptures! 
General Conference for the LDS church is coming the first weekend in April.  How can we prepare ourselves to receive God's latest counsel?  Our prophet, Thomas S. Monson, will speak to us that weekend, and tell us what our Heavenly Father wants us to be working on now.  I've realized that I need to prepare my heart to heed the prophet's words, and pray that I can know that they are, indeed, God's word for me today.  And then I need to follow those counsels in my actions, by the way I live!  I know that we all do our best to live our best, and hope we continue to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment