Thursday, March 10, 2011

Nephi is my hero!

Yes, Book Of Mormon Nephi.  No, not Lehi's son.  The other Lehi's brother!  You know, the ones who were imprisoned, and then converted everyone in the jail while conversing with angels. 
Nephi was awesome!  In Helaman chapters 7 & 8, we learn about his prayer to God in his garden about the wickedness of the people, and the people who come to listen.  In chapters 9 & 10, we learn just how firm he is to God's commands!  He preaches to the people with "unwearyingness," even though he is arrested and questioned.  He has no fear of bearing his testimony, or crying repentance as the Lord has asked of him! 
Nephi is so inspiring!  God gives him great power because he LISTENS and OBEYS!!! 
I want power to be mighty in word and deed and faith and works
I want to work on having my eye be single to God's glory and will, so I won't ask for anything contrary to His will.
I need to stop being afraid to bear my testimony and preach God's word!  It is my JOY, so why am I so afraid to share it?  Rejection!!  But God gave Nephi power to overcome that, so He can give it to me as well, right!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment