Thursday, March 27, 2014

Charity

1025298459.jpg

"Charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever;
...and charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things."

Moroni recorded a sermon that his father Mormon, the prophet, gave to the people of Christ's church:

Mormon speaks to "the peaceable followers of Christ, (who) have obtained a sufficient hope by which ye can enter into the rest of the Lord." 

 "Remember God's word "by their works ye shall know them." This is how I have judged you.  Good men will do good works.  Evil men cannot do good works, because it is only counted good if a man does his works with real intent of heart.
Followers of the devil can't be followers of Christ, and followers of Christ can't be followers of the devil.
All good comes from God; all evil comes from the devil.  Everything that makes you want to do good is inspired of God.  No good comes from the devil, and no evil comes form God.  Make sure that you don't judge wrongfully between from where good and evil things come.  
 'For behold.. it is given unto you to judge, that ye may know good from evil; and the way to judge is as plain, that ye may know with a perfect knowledge as the daylight is from the dark night.  For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man that he may know good form evil.'
Do not judge wrongfully, or condemn good, because how you judge is how you will be judged.
 'Search diligently in the light of Christ' to know good from evil.
 'Lay hold upon every good thing' by having faith in Christ, and then cleave unto those good things.
 'Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me...repent..come unto me..be baptized in my name..have faith in me, that ye may be saved.'
--God will show you if all of this is true.
Miracles still abound and angels still minister to men as long as men have faith in Christ, because these operate on faith.
*No person can be saved without having faith in Christ--one must hope for eternal life through Christ's atonement--need faith in Christ first--can't have faith and hope unless one is meek and lowly of heart--if one has all these things, this person has charity--one must have charity or amount to nothing.
**CHARITY NEVER FAILETH, so CLEAVE UNTO CHARITY!!
--'whoso is found to be possessed of (charity) at the last day, it shall be well with him.'
*Pray to our Heavenly Father 'with all the energy of heart,' that you can be filled with charity."

My take:

I must have good works if I want to return to God.  
I've been given the way (it's as plain as light and dark!!) and ability to properly judge good from evil, so I have the responsibility to do so.  
I need to seek and embrace good and shun and condemn evil, and be sure not to turn that around; because I know: good will always be good and come from God, and evil will always be evil and come from the devil, despite what society says.  

So, If I will "lay hold" on every good thing, through faith in Christ, and cleave unto those good things,
-If I have faith in Christ so miracles can abound and angels can minister to
 me and others and share the gospel through the power of the Holy Ghost,
-If I have faith in Christ so I can have "power to do whatsoever thing is
 expedient,"
-If I repent, come unto Christ, get baptized in his name, have faith in him, 
-If I have hope to gain eternal life through the atonement of Christ, and faith
 in Christ's atonement, and meekness and lowliness of heart, 
-If I earnestly pray to God and seek for charity, and cleave unto it, 
--Then I will be saved through Christ's atonement, and will enjoy eternal life 
   in God's kingdom, and become like Him.

Seems like a good deal to me, especially if I get charity in the process!

Why Christians Will Suffer Great Tribulation






No comments:

Post a Comment